Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Techno Rage

I have been trying to upload a photo to my profile for the last ninety minutes.
It advises me that I need to post the photo first, then paste the url of said photo on said post into the photograph box on my profile. But all I get is error messages.
So I go to blogger help and rather than start a new thread and contribute to the unweildiness of the whole experience, I scan all existing entries on people having problems uploading shots to their profile. Lo and behold they are all on Macs. Recommendations include hosting it somewhere else. I try Yahoo. Create a profile on Yahoo, and upload my photo. "I'm sorry, we're experiencing temporary technical difficulties". Then I try Flickr. It uploads fine to Flickr, but the url pasted into my profile on Blogger just results in more error messages. Trying to just 'add photo' to my page composition does not work either. I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark spinning forever with no joy. I've cleared my cookies and emptied my cache. Next step is downloading Firefox, an alternative browser, which I am doing as I type this. If that doesn't work, the next step is to pick up the machine and lob it out the window. Seriously, my techno rage is building...

No comments: