Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This could be okay you know...

Back from the hospital a couple of hours ago and have survived Chemo I - hurrah!

No time for a long post but did some tapping in the hospital which I will try and sort out and upload tomorrow.

In the meantime, I haven't felt sick once. The portocath went in ok and seems to work. Had a reaction to one of the pre-meds which meant having the worst ants in your pants (it did manifest itself in the groin area.... most embarrassing) but nothing major and all over in 30s. The ice cap was easier to bear than expected so should be able to continue with that should my hair decide to stay in. Pee went red for a while (the epirubicin) which was a change from the last op when my pee went blue.

Oh what a world of multi coloured pee we live in.

And have been sedated up to the eyeballs on all sorts of lovely fluffy chill out drugs, but am on steroids for next four days which is sending me the other way. Intermittently wired or completely flaked out.

More tomorrow. Off to bed with my loperazam (or something like that).

1 comment:

Steve said...

one down five to go... you're getting there girl

not sure I fancy the ice packs though - brrrr