Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Ornithologist's Guide: The Blue Tit

I've tussled with whether or not to put this photo up. It was taken with R's phone the afternoon after my operation and shows my blue tit, in most of its glory.

But I've banged on about my blue nipple enough (it is no longer THAT blue) and I've cropped the shot so that you don't actually see any real nipple.

Frankly, once you've had breast cancer, your boob becomes objectified to such a point I no longer see it as such a 'private' part. I've whipped it out for doctors, nurses, radiologists, oncologists - why not for friends, relatives, colleagues and internet voyeurs too?

So publish and be damned, here is my blue, radioactive tit. From 1 April 2007.

Isn't it weird? Radioactive blue boob!

I am such a freak show...

5 comments:

dk said...

you realise by cropping it - you've just cost yourself a 1000 extra readers ;p

why not for friends i say... but then i was saying that years ago :)

looks quite fetching i think - you're a radioactive superstar
xx

Sara Kocher said...

That's very blue, almost teal on my monitor. I'd imagined something more bruise-colored and less like a magic marker.

There are probably magic marker/body paint fetishists out there who are even now clicking away from your blog in disappointed droves since you denied them that glimpse of nipple.

I'd like to add that I'm not one of them. I really do read for the articles.

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

It was very teal coloured. A smurf tint of blue.

What colour does a smurf go when you strangle it?

Maybe if I get enough requests I'll upload the full nip, but until then I'm quite happy with showing off my freakishness but not breaking any personal taboos. Only get your tits out in front of close friends of the same gender (sorry Dave), current lovers and members of the medical profession.

The blue is now very faded. It looks like a bruise, or a particularly luminescent vein. But it is strange to look at that photo and remember what a shock it was to look down at my new blueness after waking up from the op...

Anonymous said...

tits

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

I know who YOU are. I think.

Either that or you're kindly trying to up my search terms so I attract more voyeurs to this blog...