Monday, August 13, 2007

Periodwatch


Just like to signpost what this particular entry will focus on, so that those who are squeamish can look away now.

My penultimate period came two weeks later than due, on Friday, June 29th. Which makes the time between my first period on chemo and my second period on chemo approximately six weeks.

Spookily, another six weeks later, it arrives again (last Thursday, 9th August).

It seems chemo just stretches my cycle, rather than stopping it altogether.

Last time it came I felt proud that I had neither yet vomited nor stopped my periods on chemo. As if it was proof of my resilience and strength. Since then I've managed to blot my no-nausea record, but my period stubbornly returns.

I might have preferred it the other way around, actually...

No comments: