Saturday, September 08, 2007

Got my mojo back


This week, whilst it has been horrendously busy, feels like a turning point.

Tuesday was the three week point after my last chemo. That's normally the day I'd be getting the next one. Instead, this time, it's the first time in over four months that I haven't had any poison floating around my body. By Thursday I felt the difference and coupled with a physical recovery from last week's infections and temperatures, it meant I felt like I was on fire. Work just flowed. I took charge in meetings and moved us all on from point to point, ticking off things on my list as we got them done. My brain was sharp, I could talk articulately and confidently for the first time in ages, and I was simply motoring.

Friday brought a bit of a crash where it became clear that just because I suddenly feel I have some energy back, does not mean I should rush around at a hundred miles an hour. But just knowing that it's coming back is so exciting.

I still cannot walk up stairs without resting or panting like a dog once I get to the top. But I do feel like I can take on life again, mentally and emotionally. I'd forgotten what that felt like.

It's absolutely marvellous.

No comments: