Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sing it loud and proud

I'm brimming over with a half contained excitement.

I had my follow up scans today (ultrasound) and a consultation with the breast surgeon. I'd pretty much parked it in my mind (the state of denial is a far happier one) apart from one day on holiday when it dragged me down, but I am glad to report those two little words we all long to hear...

All clear.

All is as it should be. The last nine months of highs and lows have not been in vain.

And thank **** for that. God knows what I would have done had the news been any different. There were moments where my mouth was dry and my heart beat very fast. During the ultrasound when the memories of diagnosis came flooding back, the experience of realising that something was not quite right as the radiologist I had back in March hovered over the tumour and a shadow fell across his face. Today's radiologist reassured me at every turn but I was still jumpy as a rabbit.

So off I skip to dinner at a friend's. I'm going to bring a bottle of champagne rather than wine I think. An all clear treat for tonight.

Sweet news indeed.

5 comments:

HelĂ´ said...

Yes, sing it loud and proud! It's wonderful news indeed! I'll also have a glass - or more! - of good sparkling wine (Champagne is far too expensive in Brazil), thinking of you and all the brave women i know who have been fighting this unwelcome guest.
Cheers!

Kim said...

That is great news, Anne Marie!! Congratulations on the all clear!

Dr Jude said...

fantastic news!

Now go and get drunk.

Elizabeth Stock said...

YES! That is awesome! I will do some celebrating here for you as well! Also, I am happy you had a break from all this - your photos are beautiful!

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

Thanks one and all...

I now vow not to drink a drop for a good while. There has been a lot of celebrating...

Ow.