Thursday, February 14, 2008

And not forgetting...

I lay awake last night and title after title of books I have read on Africa kept popping up. I felt I had perhaps formulated the list too hastily, or at least, the list should allow for more than six. How to decide?

I don't know and I don't have time, but the other contenders would be:

Disgrace - JM Coetzee
Travels in the interior of Africa - Mungo Park
Dark Star Safari - Paul Theroux
The White Masai - Corinne Hoffmann
Don't lets go to the dogs tonight - Alexandra Fuller
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
Sahara - Michael Palin

And in the course of researching the list of the six I want to read this year, I have a shopping basket worth £75 sitting on amazon waiting for me to make my mind up.

All I can think is that I'll need to buy three at a time. Any more than that and I'll have difficulty fitting them into the luggage allowance if nothing else.

Oh, decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Marie said...

There's a fabulous bookstore in Kampala that sells lots of books about Africa. Save yourself the luggage space!