Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A good start to the day


This morning, on my bike ride to work, I passed Vivienne Westwood hunched over her handlebars with her flame orange hair escaping a winter beret, cycling through the winter sunshine in Battersea, near where she lives.

She then whizzed past me a moment later as she ran the red lights. In front of a police car.

But this is a woman who wore no knickers to collect her OBE from the Queen and twirled for the court photographers to reveal all outside the palace...

Five minutes later into my journey and I am too outside the palace, in a queue of traffic being held back by police as they go through the tourist spectacle of changing the guard.



It's a sunny morning, I've already spotted my local bonkers fashion designer out for a cycle ride, and there are soldiers wearing bearskin marching past me in quicktime, and others carrying swords and wearing extravagant plumed helmets riding by on shiny clip clopping horses.

When a day starts like that, what could possibly go wrong?

No comments: