Sunday, March 09, 2008

Vive La France!

A French Couple rented my flat! Vive la France!

After my little hissy fit last week, I instructed a further four agents on Thursday morning and within 24 hrs had received two offers through one of them.

I just wish I had appointed them a month ago!

So, we moved me out yesterday. Always the plan anyway, so I already had a van booked. The new tenant came to inspect whilst we were in the middle of packing. The house looked such a mess that it was if we had been burgled - all the cupboard doors and drawers were flung open with all the contents strewn everywhere. But despite all this she still didn't change her mind.

Now all I have to do is to sit my bike test tomorrow morning (in predicted 80mph winds... fishermen are being called back in to port... methinks the DSA might cancel), avoid the flue (it has been rampant and now my adrenalin and mania is wearing off I suddenly have painfully swollen glands) and, of course, not get cancer.

Easy.

On the health front, I've a Berocca in one hand, an orange juice in the other, some Echinacea in the cupboard and a hot bath awaits.

As for the bike? I just have to keep reminding myself to check over my shoulder every time I so much as fart and I should be fine. I've been riding scooters and bikes in London for nine years now. If I screw this up I'll be really, really annoyed with myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the test go? M.