Saturday, April 12, 2008

Africa From The Air III

Into Uganda now, and there are signs the land is getting more fertile. A river snakes below us again but this time, the banks are covered in greenery.



Further South again, and the land is changing colour completely with great swathes of forest visible between the open savannah.



Once the plane starts it's descent over Jinja before banking West towards Entebbe, the fields are laid out below me. This is a fertile country. For a moment I glimpse the Victoria Nile and the Bujagali Falls. But I was not quick enough with the camera for that one!



Finally, we come into land at Entebbe and the plane banks right over the shores of Lake Victoria. It stretches out in front of me into the hazy distance, towards Tanzania in the South and Kenya in the East.



Finally, I am here. Welcome to Uganda.

No comments: