Tuesday, August 26, 2008

30 Rock My World


We made an exciting discovery the other day.

We've gained two new satellite channels!!!

Back when we had it installed we weighed up the packages. For $95 a month we could get pretty much everything there was - wall to wall sport channels (which neither of ever watch anyway), all the news channels, all the entertainment and movie channels - more dodgy programmes than you could ever fit into your viewing hours.

For $25 a month we could get BBC Prime and BBC World, CNN, MNet Series, NatGeo and Natgeo world. We would lose a couple we liked - Discovery, History etc - but for saving $70 a month of our salary, it did not seem worth it.

And anyhow, our main criteria was whether we would still get 30 Rock. We had fast become big fans of this new show, and were tuning in to every episode we got. It seemed to be on about 3 channels at once, but was repeated on Mnet Series, which we would still get with the smaller package. So that didn't seem to be a problem.

So we downgraded our subscription.

And they promptly cut 30 Rock from the Mnet Series schedule.

Damn them and their cunning.

But now we have channels which have mysteriously become available again, including Go!, which has 30 Rock on every Tuesday.

We'll have skipped half of the second series so there are bound to be a few moments of confusion, but it's like having a new love come back into town.

We have an extra skip in our step thanks to a fantastic show.

And it starts in 5 mins so I'd best get going...

2 comments:

Milly said...

Hi there, I just wanted to drop by to say I found your blog when searching, after being diagnosed, for things related to breast cancer. so started off reading your experience relating to that - which I've found more useful than any bloody thing I've had from Drs, hospitals etc and much more upbeat and positive than other stuff I'd come across on the web.
Even better that it doesn't end there - and Ive enjoyed even more reading about how you're now finally fulfilling your ambitions. Fabulous stuff - i hope you keep living out your dream!

Anne-Marie Weeden said...

Hi Milly
Not sure how long ago you stumbled this way, but just to say thanks for your comments and I'm glad I've been of any help at all.

How far down the line of treatment are you? And where are / were you being treated? I'm sorry that the hospitals have not been so forthcoming....
And what stage are/were you? You don't sound like someone still reeling from the news, so I hope that indicates you're either really together or you're, like me, already some way out the other side. Not a day goes by when I don't give my boob a quick feel, or think back to last summer, but I would not wish those eight months of diagnosis and treatment on anyone. But it does feel further and further away. Even though I suspect moving to Uganda has helped enormously to put some emotional, as well as physical distance, between me and cancer.

If you want to email me please do - I would love to know how you're doing. annemarie dot weeden at googlemail dot com.

Wherever you're at, I hope you're well.

xxx